Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome to the 2010 Fitness Challenge!

Here's a quick posting with the rules and mighty fine print. Let me know if you have any questions!

1. The cost per month is $10, which is due no later than the 5th of each month. You may opt in/out at the beginning of each month, but once the money is in, you are in for that month. If it's not in by the 5th (or I have not been notified that it's being processed or is on its way) you are out for that month. I will hold the pool of money until the winner for that month is determined, at which point, the collected pool from all participants will be given (either via paypal or in person) to the winner.

2. After the last weigh-in of that particular month, the winner will be the person who has lost the largest percentage of body weight. I will be calculating percentage of body weight lost with this calculator: http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html. Your starting weight on January 5th will always be the "start weight" and your current weight at the end of each month will be the "current weight".

3. Weigh-ins are every Monday and must be posted by midnight each Monday.

4. Each week, there will be small, health-related challenges posted. While these do not directly affect who wins at the end of each month, they might come with their own prizes and they'll also help keep you focused on different ways to be healthier and more fit.

5. This blog is only open to people who've opted in to the Fitness Challenge.

-Genevieve

4 comments:

  1. I won't have $10 to send until at least my next paycheck, so I don't think I can officially opt in for this month, but I definitely want in. Can I get in on the journal right away, and just not be in the running for prizes and such until next month? I did fairly well on my own in December (not counting the holiday food madness), but I could definitely use a support system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am well up for this. I think it could be good! I shall PayPal you some cash as soon as I finish eating these Cadbury Mini Eggs (and if you could give me your e-mail, that would be fantastic).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we post to this blog to share what we're up to? I know that's how the 09 challenge we did worked, but I don't see any options for posting here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gwen, sent you an email.

    Shannon: I set this up as a place we could all post to like the 09 challenge, but it seems google either has recently required everyone who posts to have a gmail account or this was a requirement during our challenge and I just didn't realize everyone had or got a gmail account to participate.

    As such, not everyone in my office wanted to create a new email account to join the group so I wound up creating a private facebook group that I invited you to where we can all meet and post. Sorry about the confusion!

    ReplyDelete